Paula's Margherita Grilled Cheese Sammy



I saw this sammy in Paula Deen's March/April magazine. My daughter and son-in-law give me the magazine each year for Mother's day, and I always look forward to when it shows up in my mailbox. I found several recipes to try in this issue, and this was the first one I made.

I cut down the recipe to just make a few sammy's, and it was really good. The basil and 3 types of cheeses really added a different twist on a classic grilled cheese!




Margherita Gridded Cheese Sammy
Paula Deen

1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp. freshly sliced basil
1/2 tsp. pepper
12 slices of bread
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 c. butter, softened

Combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, basil and pepper. Spread on 6 slices of bread. Top with tomatoes, then the other 6 slices of bread. Spread butter on both slices of bread and cook 3 minutes each side until golden brown.

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paula has some awesome recipes!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Paula!! Her recipes are the greatest. I subscribe to her magazine too. :-D