Simply Baked Chicken


Baked chicken sounds pretty healthy, but for this, you pour butter over it before you bake it. I use just a 1/4 cup, but you are supposed to use a lot more. Then I sprinkle it with seasoned salt, my fave is Lawry's.

The butter of course, makes the chicken brown nicely in the oven, stay juicy, and of course more importantly, taste great!

Sometimes I just pour olive oil over the top, and that is delicious,too, and better for you!

Simple Baked Chicken

4 chicken breasts
1/4 c. butter
1 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt

Rinse chicken, pat dry and put in a greased baking dish. Pour melted butter on top, and sprinkle with seasoning. Bake at 350 or 400 for about an hour until done, and juices run clear.




5 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Sounds good to me! The health problems in this country aren't caused by butter (and I'm not a dairy farmer). And your recipe doesn't have to be made every day, but it certainly isn't going to kill a person to eat something like this occasionally. It's high in protein, which we need. The real problem is the sky-high number of carbohydrates we have in our diet plus the additives and preservatives. IMHO, of course. ;-)

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I am baking chicken quarters for dinner tonight and I usually use olive oil, but I think I will try your butter this time!
Thank you,
Susie

Joann said...

delicious and easy. thanks.

Bebe said...

My husband loves this chicken - and it's so easy! Thanks! I'll be looking at more of your recipes.

Unknown said...

How does this taste does it taste buttery please let me know I wanna make this tonight