Trish Yearwood's Brownies



Who doesn't love a good brownie?

These certainly do the trick for a chocolate fix!

I found the recipe at the Cook book project. I didn't add the nuts as I made them for company and I wasn't sure if they liked nuts. We do, so next time I'll add them.

 They were rich and fudgy,and the frosting was SO creamy, I closed my eyes while I ate one, to savor every bite. 
They were so good!






Trisha Yearwood's Brownies
cookbook project

2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
1/3 cup solid vegetable shortening
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt the chocolate and shortening. Cool slightly. Add eggs and sugar.  Mix in rest of ingredients and put in a 8" square greased pan. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.



Chocolate Icing for Brownies (I used half a recipe and it was PLENTY)

1 stick butter, melted
4 cups powdered sugar
½ cup baking cocoa
½ cup whole milk
1 tsp vanilla flavoring

Mix well.

Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

June K said...

TFS, Laurie. These look so good. I am now craving these (and I had a big lunch today).

Anonymous said...

These look utterly dreamy!! that icing - SO perfect!
Mary x

Leslie said...

These brownies look fabulous!!! I love her recipes. The icing looks rich and decadent. Yum!
Blessings,
Leslie

Donna said...

So, you halved the icing recipe and it was enough?