Heirloom Tomato BLT


My brother and sister in law from Wisconsin came to visit last week. They surprised me with some WI cheese and apple wood smoked bacon. It's been way TOO long since I had WI cheese! Brent and I fought over the last curds. ( I  stuck a few in the back of the frig he doesn't know about)

The bacon was the BEST we have ever had, and I am seriously thinking we need to make a run to WI just to get some more. I had just a few pieces left. 

One of our favorites is BLT's, and when I saw these delicious heirloom tomatoes at the Farmer's Market, I knew what I would make with those last pieces of bacon. 

We are still sighing over these Sammy's every time we think about them. The bacon rocked, the heirlooms were juicy, and the dressing put it all over the top.

They were that good.

I'm thinking it may be worth the 10 hour drive for more bacon......




Heirloom Tomato  BLT
myrecipes


 8 slices bread, toasted
1 c. arugula or greens
8 sliced apple wood smoked bacon,cooked
3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced thick

2 Tbsp. light mayo
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. minced dry sage
1 Tbsp. minced shallots

Mix the mayo, mustard, sage, and shallots. Spread on toast, add slices of bacon and tomatoes, top with greens and another slice of toast. Serves 4.



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: