Pork Chops and Rice



 I've mentioned before that I used to belong to 4H when I was a kid. My mom was a Food leader for our club, and she was always having meetings for a group of us to get together to cook. It was so much fun!

4H kids from all over the country were doing the same thing, and one year a cookbook was put out. It was made up of our favorite recipes. Like many of my cookbooks, it's getting old and weathered with spots and pages with turned corners. I love that thing.

Many of the recipes I know by heart, as I have used them so many times.This simple recipe is one of them. It's a good EZ comfort food dish, especially nice for those chilly fall nights coming up!

Pork Chops and Rice

2- 4 pork chops
1/2 c.rice
 1 can cream of chicken soup
1/3 c. milk
1 tsp. chicken bullion

Brown the chops in canola oil. Remove from pan and add rice, browning slightly in drippings. In a separate bowl, mix the soup, milk and bullion. Pour over rice and stir. Place chops on top and bake at 350 covered, for 1 hour or until rice is done.( may need to add more milk as needed)





Print Friendly and PDF Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This recipe is GREAT! I used cream of mushroom soup and it turned out great.