It's that time of year again.....time for Pumpkin Bread!


Every fall I make quite a few pumpkin recipes, and this is one of my favorites. I found it several years ago, and like it because it stays SO moist and delicious. It also freezes well.
I make 6 little loaves, adding nuts to 2, chocolate chips to 2, and leaving 2 plain.

As you can see in the photo on top, I packaged it in some boxes I made to bring to a friend.You can read about that on my other blog,  Stampin Up North

Here's what the bread looked like before I packaged it:





I LOVE fall...the leaves....the crisp clean air...nothin is better! 







Except maybe a slice of this warm pumpkin bread.....


Down East Maine Pumpkin Bread
1 can pumpkin (15 oz.)
4 eggs
1 c. oil
2/3 c. water
3 c. sugar
3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ginger
Mix the wet ingredients, then add the dry. Mix well and pour into greased bread tins. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. I used 6 small loaf pans. Also fits three 7x3 loaf  pans. I  added nuts to 2 loaves, chocolate chips to 2 loaves, and left 2 plain.






Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: