Toffee Bars



I've been making Heath bars since I was a kid. My mom always had the ingredients on hand, and if I had friends coming over I would whip up a batch. The recipe makes quite a few bars, and that's a good thing, as they are SO delicious they are gone before you know it!

I'm off to bake and make some dishes for Thanksgiving...can't wait to see my family! I'll post some of the  new TG recipes next week.



Toffee Bars


1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch if salt
2 c. flour
1 package chocolate chips
ground nuts, optional

Mix the butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add egg yolk and vanilla, mix well. Add dry ingredients and spread into a greased cookie sheet. bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Spread chocolate chips on top and return to oven for 1 minute until melted, then spread over bars. Sprinkle with nuts if desired.



Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Jill said...

YUMMM - what else is there to say!!!