Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies


I tried a new Christmas cookie recipe!

I'm glad I did,too.

They are such a pretty little cookie, plus they taste amazing.

The cookie itself is soft and fudgy...similar to a brownie. The frosting is also soft and creamy, and I loved the crunch and bright taste of the crushed candy canes on top.

The frosting was a bit hard to make, though. Next time I will just make a typical powdered sugar recipe, with cream, similar to the one I used for the cookie you can find here.

I have NO idea how the frosting would work with the ingredients it listed. The melted chips are not liquid enough along with the cream cheese and powdered sugar. It just was not spreadable at all. So I added some butter and milk, and that worked well!

I froze the cookies and when I took them out to pack up for the church bake sale, I was happy to find that they had frozen well. Another plus!




Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
T of Home

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. cocoa
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips

Cream the butter and sugars, add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Add dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.Roll into balls and place on parchment paper. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until set. Do not over bake! Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes, remove to racks and cool completely.

Frosting;
1/4 c. white baking chips, melted and cooled slightly
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
3 c. powdered sugar
( I added some softened butter and milk...to get to the right consistency)






Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Pam said...

Great! I love love peppermint in cookies and these sound delicious!