Cheesy Potato Casserole



I was hungry for the potatoes my sister in law often makes, so I found her recipe in our old church cookbook. I made them for Christmas dinner, and they were delicious.

I think she always uses more butter, but I stuck to the recipe, and they were still creamy and cheesy, with a nice crunchy topping.

I don't know why it took me so long to make them myself!  I guess I always make my moms recipe for Party Potatoes, which we all love. You can find that recipe here.

Either way, they are both a great addition to any holiday meal!




Cheesy Potato Casserole

1 (30 oz.) bag of frozen potatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 c. sour cream
salt and pepper 
sauteed onion (I omitted)
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
2 c. cornflakes, crushed
1/2 stick butter, melted ( can use more)

Mix the our cream and  cream of chicken soup. Add the cheese and hash browns. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with corn flakes and drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done.


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I'm sure this dish is delicious! With cheese, butter and cornflakes, how can it be bad?! ;)
Blessings,
Leslie