Mexican Fried Ice Cream...pinned it and tried it



I think this has to be my favorite Pinned It and Tried It.

Oh, this was good!

And it did taste alot like fried ice cream. The corn flake crust was awesome..... so rich, buttery, and crunchy! I loved the hint of cinnamon in the ice cream layer, along with the drizzle of sweet honey. Adding the caramel, cream, and cherry on top...well....that just made it perfect!

I made this for a friend of mine who was coming over for lunch. We had been to Mexican Village not too long ago and she really enjoyed the fried ice cream there, so I thought she might like this dessert. And she did, but then who wouldn't?

I'm so glad I found this and pinned it!

I know I will be making this often.





Mexican Fried Ice Cream dessert
Lifeinalofthouse

3 c. crushed corn flakes
1 c. sugar
1 stick butter
1.75 qt. ice cream
8 oz. cool whip
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. honey
caramel topping
cherry
whipped cream

Take the ice cream out and set on the counter for 30 minutes. Melt the butter in a skillet and add the corn flakes and sugar. Cook, stirring and watching carefully until they turn light brown. Pour half into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Stir the softened ice cream, cool whip, and cinnamon together. Spread on cornflakes. Top with the other half of corn flakes. Drizzle with honey, cover and freeze 5 hours or overnight.

Cut into squares and top with whipped cream, drizzle with caramel topping, and add a cherry to the top!


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: