Spaghetti Pie Casserole



This is SO, SO good!
The picture doesn't show the layer of sour cream and cream cheese, which is my favorite part....so creamy and delicious! Not too much, just enough to add another layer of flavor.

 I saw this in the Feb./March Taste of Home magazine, and set it aside to make some night for supper.  I put it with the group of recipes called," ingredients I always have on hand." It also looked like one I could whip it up quickly if needed. It's always nice to have a stash of those on hand. 

And sure enough, just last night I was looking at my cupboards wondering what to make, when I thought of this recipe. I had everything to make it..... well almost everything.

The only thing I didn't have was the Monterrey Jack cheese, so I used Italian Blend and threw some Parmesan on top too, at the last minute.

We loved it! 





Spaghetti Pie Casserole
taste of home

1 package spaghetti (8 oz.)
1 lb. burger
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jar (14 oz.) spaghetti sauce
3 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
1 c. reduced fat sour cream
 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar Monterrey Jack cheese ( I used Italian blend, and threw some Parmesan on top,too)

Cook and drain spaghetti. Brown beef, onion, and garlic. Stir in spaghetti sauce, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. 
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream.
Layer the spaghetti, cream cheese mixture and sauce mixture in a greased 11 x 7 in. baking pan. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, covered. Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer until cheese is bubbly.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh that sounds darn delicious! A treat for the while family.