Walnut Chews



No butter in this recipe....

but the other ingredients sure make these tasty!

The bars have VERY chewy centers, and crackle tops. The walnuts and brown sugar make them irresistible.

A prefect bar to top while still warm with some ice cream and caramel.......I think I need a run to the store!





Walnut Chews
T of  H

1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp.salt
1/2 c. chopped walnuts

Cream the egg, vanilla and brown sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients and pat into a greased 8 " pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until bars pull apart form the edges of the pan.


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Jean Jackson said...

I have looked for years for the recipe for Walnut Chews that my aunt made when I was a child. This is the closest thing I have ever come to the bars that she made. Thank you for the recipe. Just made them and yes they are the same and very good.