Banana Cake



I think the best thing about this cake is the sweet and creamy cream cheese frosting. I could eat it right out of the bowl!

The cake is also very good,very moist with lots of banana flavor. I got this recipe from my daughter a few years ago. Her friend had shared it with her, and she passed it along to me.

I'm so glad she did, I like making it instead of banana bread all the time when my banana's get too ripe!





Banana Cake

 1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. shortening
2 eggs
2 c. flour
4 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. soda
1 1/2 c. mashed bananas
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix. Bake in a greased 9 x 13 pan at 325 for 35-40 minutes. Cool completely.

Frosting
2 1/3 c. powdered sugar
1 stick butter
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla

 Beat until smooth. Spread on cooled cake.


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Liz said...

Think I might make this for Easter!