No bake peanut butter cookies...pinned it and tried it


Pinned , tried, and loved!

I've made the chocolate version of these no bake cookies since I was a kid...it was one of the first things I learned to make all by myself.

My neighborhood friend and I LOVED to make them, and eat them, of course! My mom would let us take over the kitchen and make all kinds of things. Another favorite we liked to make was taffy. We would experiment with all sorts of colors. We really got into food coloring that year.

In fact, one time my mom asked us to make some cupcakes for a neighbor who was sick. So we did. BUT for the icing, we thought it would be a great idea to dump in a bit of all the food colors in the pack.

We found out that was NOT a good idea!

It ended up a very sickly color, not very appetizing at all. We went ahead and frosted the cupcakes anyway. Mom laughed, and said all that matters is that they taste good, and they did!

She took them over to the neighbor anyway, who had a good laugh,too!

Anyway, back to the no bake cookies....these were really good! I loved the peanut butter and oats version too, they tasted SO good with a cold glass of milk.

 I wish I would have had this recipe when I was a kid, too. We would have made them as often as the chocolate version!



Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
karens corner

1 1/2 c. oats
3 1/2 tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. milk
1/8 c. butter

Combine the sugar,milk and butter. Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla. Add the oats, and stir well. Drop by teaspoon onto wax paper to set.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: