Monday's with Mom......Mom's 5 cup Salad


I haven't made this salad in a long, long time! 

It reminds me of church potlucks.....and my mom. I guess because she often made this to take to church .In fact, I don't ever remember being at a potluck that didn't have some type of creamy salad, often made with jello or pudding! My collection of church cookbooks has tons of recipes for creamy salads, and there are many variations of this salad included in them too.

I think Mom made this recipe so often because it's so easy and she always had the ingredients on hand. Sometimes she added bananas or walnuts, but mostly stuck to the "5 cups."

 It tastes so sweet, light, and refreshing with the tropical flavors.

 The flavors remind me of summer, and that's always a good thing!



Mom's 5 cup salad


1 c. pineapple tidbits
1 c. Mandarin oranges
1 c. mini marshmallows
1 c. sour cream
1 c. coconut

Mix and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.


1 comment:

Leslie said...

This looks refreshing and delicious! Reminds me of Christmas ambrosia, which I love. Aren't family recipes, the best ones?!
Blessings,
Leslie