Fabulous Chicken Salad


I found another chicken salad recipe to try in one of my ( way to many) cookbooks...this time it has pineapple in it...along with some light cream. Other recipes I have do not use either if these ingredients. I make chicken salad often, using up leftover chicken ,as it makes such a quick and easy lunch for the next day. I have to say it's a favorite any time of the year, but we like it especially on a hot summer day. I look forward to sitting in the deck...hopefully soon....eating lunch on a bright, sunny day!

We really enjoyed the addition of pineapple, and the cream did add a rich flavor. My favorite on any chicken salad are the almonds, I like the added toasty, crunchy texture. Now I just need that sun!


Fabulous Chicken Salad

2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
3 stalks of celery, chopped
2 c. green grapes, halved
2 c. pineapple chunks
1 c. slivered almonds, toasted
2/3 c. mayo
1/4 c. light cream
salt and pepper to taste
2 T. vinegar.

Combine the first 5 ingredients. Make sauce. Chill both separately. Just before serving, combine. Serves 8-10.



Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loving the ingredients in your salad - looks delish!
Mary