Pecan Granola Yogurt Parfaits




Happy Sunday everyone!

This summer I went with some friends to hear a speaker at a local church. They served muffins and yogurt parfaits before it started. The parfaits tasted especially good, and we quickly figured out it was the granola that really put them" over the top" good.

The granola was full of toasted pecans, they were in every bite! I asked my friend if she could get the recipe for me. As soon as I had it in my hands...I made it!

It's really quite simple, and has few ingredients.  I think the added step of toasting the oats before adding the rest of the ingredients makes a big difference in the flavor,too.

I also like how healthy this recipe is, made with honey and canola oil. It's not overly sweet, and lets the toasted oats and pecans shine.

The recipe says it can be frozen, which would be a big plus when having company for breakfast or brunch. I may try that for over the Holidays this year. I usually serve a brunch before the kids head back to their homes. A yogurt parfait would be a fun addition!

I'm just going to list the recipe below for the granola. As for the parfaits, basically any type of yogurt or fruit can be used. We prefer vanilla Greek yogurt and any berries we have on hand. In the photo I used raspberries and blueberries. Frozen fruit would work well too.

Enjoy the day!

Pecan Granola 
Calvary Women in Ministry

5 c. rolled oats (old fashioned, not quick)
1 1/2 to 2 c. pecans, chopped in larger pieces

Mix the following in a small bowl:
1/2 c. honey
1/3 c. canola oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions: Heat oats at 350 on a heavy cookie sheet or cake pan for 10 minutes.( Watch carefully.) Add the the remaining ingredients and stir to coat. Bake about 15 to 25 minutes, stirring every few minutes to prevent burning. When toasty brown, remove from oven, and stir a few more times. You can add dried fruit, if desired. Makes 7 c. of granola. Store tightly covered for 2 weeks or freeze.



Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sounds good and I like the crunch!