Zucchini Brownies



What do you do when a friend gives you a zucchini?

Why you make brownies, of course!

I found this recipe at allrecipes, read the reviews and gave it a try. I followed the recipe, but snuck in some chocolate chips sprinkled on top before I baked it.

Awesome is a word that comes to mind when I think of these! The frosting is what makes it so moist and delicious. I served it to some friends with ice cream on the side...made it even better!




Zucchini Brownies

1/2 c. oil
1 1/2 c. sugar 
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 c. shredded zucchini ( do not drain)
1/2 c; chopped walnuts

Mix the oil, sugar, and vanilla. Add the flour, cocoa, soda, and salt. Stir in the zucchini and walnuts. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes until done. Let cool.

Mix:
6 Tbsp, cocoa
1/4 c. melted butter
2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. milk

Spread on cooled cake.

Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

Pam said...

You have the most unique recipes! This is great; who would've thought of zucchini brownies! And that frosting is icing on the cake!

Penny Hanuszak said...

These brownies look delish Laurie. I'll have to get my stampin friend to make some for next Tuesday's Stamping event. Yummy. Just a question in the MIX what time of powdered sugar are you using - icing sugar or ?

Michele said...

Sounds heavenly! That's what I would have done with my zucchini too. Never a bad idea to make ANYTHING with chocolate. ;)

laurie said...

Yes Penny!Confectioners sugar or icing...I call it powdered sugar...

Jill said...

I am going to get zucchini today - I need to try these - they look delicious!!