Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins



I'm new to Gluten free baking, and it sure has been fun experimenting with recipes. Some turn out and some... unfortunately don't!

Last week I threw away a whole batch of sugar cookies. Turns out I have success with most recipes if I use the EXACT same flour brand as they did. There are so many brands of gluten free flour, and so far I find they are not very interchangeable. Some include Xantham gum and some don't, for one thing.

BUT I am happy to report this recipe was a winner! I find that alot of GF baked goods are grainy in texture. These are not, in fact, I really couldn't taste any difference than regular muffins!


Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins

1 c. Gluten Free All Purpose flour (I used King Arthur)
1/4 c.  plus 1/8 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp, Xantham gum
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. butter, melted and cooled a bit
1/4 c. milk
1 egg
1 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. blueberries ( I used frozen)

Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder,Xantham gum and salt. Mix the melted butter, milk, egg,lemon zest and vanilla. Mix dry with wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Carefully stir in the blueberries and spoon into paper lined muffin cups. Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes. (I sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on top before baking) Makes 6 muffins.

No comments: