Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Yet another recipe for oatmeal cookies! I have so many that I have tried, and I can honestly say they are all good. This one is a bit different for me though, as it has no butter. It uses oil instead. It's a great recipe for those who want to watch their cholesterol.

The cookies have a rich flavor from the brown sugar, and are studded with good for you ingredients like oatmeal, walnuts and raisins. They also freeze well, so you can grab a few to add to your lunch.

When I bake cookies, I always under bake a pan for me, as I like them soft. I over bake a pan for Brent as he likes them crisp and a bit brown. Either way, they taste great!

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
  (made with oil)

1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/3 c. oil
2/3 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. raisins
chopped walnuts, optional

Mix well and drop by tsp. onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes until lightly browned.


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Kathryn Madden said...

I know--so many different recipes for oatmeal cookies!! My Mom made the best ones I have ever tasted! But I would have to find the recipe and hope it was the right one to post!! When we lived in the country with all our nut trees she used the Walnuts in them--then when we moved to the city she used peanuts and she liked the ones that had the red covering on them. She also put in chocolate chips and anything else she had on hand along with the raisins and nuts. She used to even make one in the bottom of a pie tin and send it to work with my stepdad!!! Ha-Ha. Who knows the original oatmeal cookie, but I always think to myself it is OK to eat them as they actually had some nutrition in them!!! Kathryn Madden