Pat's Orange French Toast




Another church cookbook winning recipe! 

But then orange, cinnamon, sugar and butter together can never go wrong, can it?

I knew it was going to be good when the wonderful aroma started to fill the house. Then when I flipped the slices over and saw the lovely caramel coating, I could hardly wait to taste it. This is one of those recipes that really needs to set a bit before serving. BUT as soon as it had cooled down we dug right in!

We were not disappointed. I can't wait to make this again!


Pat's Orange French Toast

1/4 c. melted butter
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (I used more)
1/3 c. sugar
2/3 c. orange juice
3 large eggs
1 tsp. orange zest (I used more)
8-10 slices French bread ( I used 8)

Pour melted butter in a 11 x 17" pan. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Beat eggs and add OJ and zest. Dip bread slices into egg mixture and place on top of sugar mix. Refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until firm to touch. Serve sugar side up, sprinkled with powdered sugar.




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: