Thin, crisp chocolate chip cookies



Ever had Tate's Chocolate Chip cookies? If you haven't you should try them..they are delicious!  (You can buy them here.)

I have the cookbook, and often make them for Brent. He likes nothing better than a thin, CRISP cookie. I freeze them so he can grab a couple when he packs his lunch for work. I hear about it if the freezer is empty!

This time I made them with some patriotic M & M's for Memorial Day weekend. I wonder what he will think of them...he really doesn't like his chocolate chip cookies fooled around with!!!



Tate's Chocolate Chip Cookie( with M & M's)
 adapted from Tate's Bakeshop Cookbook


2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. dark brown sugar
1 tsp. water
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
M & M's ( or 2 c. chocolate chips)

Cream the sugars and butter. Add the eggs,water, and vanilla. Stir in the baking soda,salt,and flour.Stir in the M & M's. Drop by Tbsp. onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes until edges and centers are brown.


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Pam said...

Yes, I really like Tate's cookies and cookbooks too! My family would love these cookies, and me too!