Baked Potatoes in the crock pot


Have you ever tried to cook your potatoes in the crock pot? 

Well I never had, so I figured since it's been too hot to use the oven much, it would be a good time to try it. 

They were delicious! Moist and creamy. The only difference was the crust was not crispy like oven baked. The inside was more of a mellow yellow color instead of pure white,too. But the taste was right on. What a great idea...one I'm sure I will use again!

(Here is the link to the potato topping.)





Crock Pot Baked Potatoes

4 baking potatoes, scrubbed
olive oil
kosher salt
foil

Rub the potatoes with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Wrap the potatoes in foil and place in crock pot. Cook on low 7 -8 hours, high 4-5. ( I did not wrap them in foil, but I crumpled a few balls of foil and put on the bottom.)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: