Starbucks Copycat Lemon Loaf ...pinned it and tried it


  Yum!

I just couldn't resist pinning this luscious lemon loaf! The lemon glaze was my favorite part. I pretty much like anything with lemon, so this is certainly a winner with me. However, I've never tried Starbucks, so I can't compare!

I guess that should be on my list....stopping at Starbucks to try a slice. I'm not a coffee drinker at all, so I never go there.

But I'll make a stop and let you know.....


                                               

Starbucks Copycat Lemon Loaf

1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs, room temp
1 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. lemon extract
1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
1/2 c. oil
zest of one lemon

Glaze:
1 c. powdered sugar,sifted
2 Tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. lemon extract
juice of 1/4 lemon
pinch of lemon zest

Mix the flour,baking powder,baking soda,sand salt together. In another bowl, mix the eggs. sugar. butter, vanilla, lemon extract, juice, oil and zest together with a mixer. Combine the wet and the dry gently until all is combined. Pour into greased 9 x 5 loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let set a couple minutes and remove from pan. Stir the glaze together, and pour over the top. Make sure you have a cookie sheet underneath! Cool completely.




Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Diane said...

This looks wonderful. I have had Starbuck's lemon cake and it is very good also.

Liz said...

I keep seeing this recipe all over the internet. Its looks so good! Not a Starbucks fan, but I am trying this recipe for sure!

Katerina said...

I love lemon flavor in baking! This one looks so fluffy and moist!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This looks delish!!