Blueberry Skillet Puff Pancake




Puff pancakes are so delicious and I love to make them for a quick lunch. I like this recipe because it's made in a skillet and the edges get so nice and golden.

 That's my favorite part!

I also like all the blueberries and tend to get carried away and add tons. I think for this one I got just the right amount,though. Some in every bite.




A drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of powdered sugar and I'm ready to dig in!!!



Blueberry Skillet Puff Pancake
( adapted from two tarts blog)

3 Tbsp. butter
3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. blueberries

Preheat oven to 450. Put the butter in the cast iron skillet, and put in the oven until the butter melts and bubbles. Mix the flour and salt in a small bowl. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, add the milk and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture, mix well. When the butter is bubbly, immediately pour the mix into the pan. Sprinkle with blueberries. Pop back in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown and the pancake is golden and puffy. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.

Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Pam said...

I'm with you on the blueberries, the more, the better. I've had puff pancakes but have never tried it myself. Now I have to one of these days. It looks delicious! Happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

Quick question--recipe says makes two tarts. Do you use half the batter and bake one and repeat with remaining batter? Or does it means one recipe serves 2?

Thanks--can't wait to try this.

Barbara

laurie said...

The recipe is FROM "two tarts" blog, does not make two pancakes.I'll change that to make it more clear.Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oops--so sorry! Thanks for the reply!