Light Blueberry Dessert


I had some company over the other day and decided to make a pan of this delicious dessert. I think you can guess by now, after so many recipe posts containing blueberries, that I LOVE them!


I especially love blueberry pie filling and could eat it straight out of the can. But I didn't this time, as I needed it for this dessert!

 It's light and refreshing and is so EZ..only a few ingredients. I try to make it at least once every summer. This time I added some almond flavoring...and it tasted even better!


Light Blueberry Dessert

1 (8oz.) fat free or light cream cheese,softened
1 c. powdered sugar
1 (8 oz.) lite Cool Whip
1 tsp. almond extract
1 angel food cake
Tear the angel food cake into pieces. Set aside. Cream the powdered sugar and softened cream cheese, stir in the Cool Whip and almond extract. Gently fold in the angel food cake pieces. Spread in a glass 9 x13 pan. Chill 2 hours. Serve with Blueberry pie filling.





Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: