Pico De Gallo Egg Bake


I love making pico de gallo when I have garden fresh tomatoes!
 I actually make it all year round, but it never tastes better then during tomato season,of course. I picked up all the ingredients at the Farmers Market and made a big batch. We ate most of it, and I had about a fourth of a cup leftover, so I decided to add it to my favorite EZ egg bake. I squeezed it well between two paper towels before adding it to the egg mixture.

It was delicious! We are big fans of cilantro..what a great combo with eggs!


Pico De Gallo

1/2 green pepper, chopped
6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (or to taste)
juice of 1 lime {or to taste}
1 Tbsp. olive oil
garlic salt to taste

Mix well.


Egg Bake:

 6 eggs
 1/4 c. cream (or milk)
 1/4 c. ham, chopped
 1/2 c.shredded Monterrey jack cheese
1/4 c. pico de gallo, squeezed
salt and pepper to taste

Beat eggs and cream. Add the rest of ingredients and stir well. Pour into a greased 8" square pan and bake at 350 until eggs are set and knife comes out clean. Usually about 20 to 30 minutes.



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: