No churn Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream


Last winter, we went to visit our daughter and son in law who had recently moved out of state. We flew, rented a car and then drove a couple hours to get there, and we were all tired and hungry. When we walked in the door, she had this AWESOME dessert waiting for us.

It's one of the best things I have ever eaten! 
Brent raved about it for months afterwards, and as soon as I had a good excuse to make it, I did!

The recipe has a few steps, but it is worth it!

I did have one problem, though. I accidentally bought some half and half instead of heavy whipping cream. I didn't notice until I had the mixture in the food processor and it was not getting thick at all. Now what to do? The ingredients are expensive, and I had company coming...so I thought about it awhile. I figured if I used my ice cream maker, it just may thicken.

 So I tried it,and sure enough it worked. When It looked thick and creamy, I spooned it into the casserole, and finished layering the blueberries and cheese cake, and put it in the freezer. I guess my ice cream WAS churned, not " no-churned!!"  Oh well, it turned out perfect, just like my daughters no-churned.

Our company loved it,too! 

The best part was that there were some leftovers for us the next day..enough for both of us....so we didn't have to share!




No churn Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

Cheese cake bites:
2/3 c. graham crackers, crushed (4 sheets)
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
3 Tbsp. sugar
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. vanilla

Toss the graham crackers with melted butter and 1 Tbsp. sugar.  Divide between two small ramekins and press up the sides and bottom. Put the cream cheese, heavy cream, lemon juice, vanilla and 2 Tbsp. sugar in a bowl and stir well. Spoon on top of graham crackers. Freeze until firm. About 2 hours. Remove and chop into bite size pieces. Keep in freezer.

Blueberry Sauce:

3 c. blueberries
1/2 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 c. water

Combine all in a sauce pan and cook until thickened and shiny. About 30 minutes. Refrigerate until cold.

Ice cream:

2 c. heavy cream
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
2/3 c. sour cream
2/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
pinch of salt

Place the heavy cream, cream cheese,sour cream,sugar,vanilla,lemon zest and salt in a food processor. Process until just thick and creamy.

Pour the ice cream mixture into a 2 QT. casserole. Spoon some blueberry sauce on top and swirl with a knife, add the cheese cake bites and stir in a bit. ( you may not use all the blueberry sauce.) Cover and freeze 3 hours or overnight. Take out about 15 minutes before serving.







No comments: