Yogurt Banana Split.....pinned it and tried it




Pinned it, tried it, and LOVED it!

Typically I eat my yogurt with some fruit, maybe a bit of granola on top.
But I kept seeing Yogurt Banana Splits all over Pinterest, and they looked delicious with all the fun toppings. I finally tried it, and since then I have been making one at least once a week for breakfast. 


I LOVE the coconut Greek yogurt, and actually don't even miss the usual ice cream in a banana split! I know that is hard to believe, but with the toasted pecans and coconut, and all the other toppings...it's such a treat! You can use any flavor yogurt of course, and any toppings you prefer, but this combo tastes so tropical and is SO delicious!



My favorite part is the cherry on top!


Yogurt Banana Split for One

1 small container coconut blend Greek yogurt (Chobani or Dannon has a toasted coconut...vanilla is great too)
1 banana, sliced lengthwise
raspberries
blackberries
2-3 Tbsp. crushed pineapple
whipped cream
toasted coconut
toasted pecans
maraschino cherry

Place the sliced banana in a bowl. Spoon yogurt in the middle in 3 dollops. Sprinkle one with raspberries, one with blackberries, one with crushed pineapple. Spoon on whipped topping, sprinkle with toasted coconut and pecans.











Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Diana said...

What was the brand of the yogurt you used. Was it just plain coconut.

laurie said...

I used Chobani or Dannon.... both have a coconut flavor, I also like vanilla!