Chocolate Chip Mint Pie


Hi everyone!

I made this simple and tasty ice cream pie for Easter and thought I would share the recipe. Once the ice cream has softened it takes only a couple minutes to make and throw in the freezer...a real bonus when you have a big meal with lots of sides to prepare. You can make it days in advance too. It's best to serve about 20 to 25 minutes after taking it from the freezer, so it softens a bit. 

My son loves chocolate chip mint ice cream, and well...Brent loves ALL desserts, so I knew they would love this after our Easter meal. It hit the spot!


Sometimes I make it with cookie dough or cookies and cream ice cream, but chocolate chip mint is our favorite!





Chocolate Chip Mint Pie

1/2 gallon chocolate chip mint ice cream, softened
1 chocolate crumb crust
mini oreo's, chopped
chocolate mints, chopped

Spread the ice cream into the crust. Top with chopped oreo's and mints. Freeze until firm. To serve, remove from freezer for 20 minutes before cutting.

1 comment:

Pam said...

I knew better than to stop here, another sinful looking dessert! I love mint ice cream and with chocolate, it's over the top. And I'm trying to lose a few pounds so will save this recipe.