Katherine Hepburn's Brownies



How many people remember the famous movie star, Katherine Hepburn?

Image result for katharine hepburn


 My favorite movie of hers was On Golden Pond. She made tons of movies spanning over 60 years in Hollywood. I read that she had a real sweet tooth, and this is HER brownie recipe.

Of course I had to try them.



We thought they were awesome!

 If you like a rich gooey brownie,(and Brent and I do) this one is THE winner.

 They say she always "told it like it is",was very bold..... and quite a perfectionist. Well, she was definitely right about her brownies!!!


Katherine Hepburn's Brownies

1/2 c. cocoa
1 stick butter
2 eggs
1 c.sugar
1/4 c. flour
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt

Melt the butter and stir in the cocoa until smooth. Let cool a bit before adding the eggs and beating well. Stir in the vanilla. Add the sugar,flour, salt and nuts. Spoon into a 8" parchment lined pan and bake at 325 for 30 to 35 minutes. DO NOT over bake, they should be gooey!








2 comments:

Bev Gerard said...

Oh how I adored Katherine's acting! Your brownies look truly divine ... and I may just need to save this recipe. Mmmmmm!

Pam said...

Yes, I remember her and loved her movies too. Great brownies, for sure!