Meatball Subs


Last year for Christmas my daughter gave me a beautiful gift. She made me a scrapbook filled with some of her favorite recipes, complete with photo's. I LOVE it! I am still making the recipes and have an awesome one to share today. 

I have to admit, when I make subs, I usually make the typical deli meat variety. Even when I order them out, I stick with the same. In fact, I think I have only had a meatball sub once, and that was many years ago!

Well that is one mistake I am going to remedy after making these!!!

They literally melt in your mouth! The meatballs are SO tasty with the Parmesan and garlic. Baked in the spaghetti sauce and topped with cheese, they are one delicious sub.

I can't wait to make them again!







Meatball Subs


1 lb. burger
1 egg
1/2 c. soft bread crumbs
1/4 c. diced onion sauteed in 1 Tbsp. butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 c. grated Parmesan Cheese

1 Jar Ragu 14 oz. (or Prego etc.)
 4 sub buns
shredded Mozzarella cheese
basil (optional)

Mix well and form into 16 meatballs. Brown sides and transfer to a baking pan. Pour a jar of Ragu over all and bake about 30 minutes until meatball are done. Lightly toast the sub buns, and add 4 meatballs per sub. Top with Mozzarella and return to oven until melted. Top with Basil if desired.

No comments: