Jenny's Toffee Pecan Pie


This tastes as sinful as it looks!

Our daughter gave me the recipe and said I HAD to bake this for Dad. Well, one look at the ingredients and I saw why....toffee bits!

Brent loves toffee. His favorite candy bar are Heath bars.


So I made it, and Brent devoured it! With ice cream on top of course.



I love pecan pie, and I never thought it could get any better, but I have to say the toffee puts it over the top!


Jenny's Toffee Pecan Pie

 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. light corn syrup
6 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp. vanilla
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. roughly chopped pecans
1/2 c. toffee bits
1 frozen pie crust

Put a baking sheet in the oven . Preheat to 425. Mix filling and pour into frozen pie crust. Transfer to baking sheet. Reduce oven to 350 and bake filling until the edge is set, but slightly jiggly in the center, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Cool completely. ( I always put foil around the edges so they don't burn before the filling is done)






No comments: