Goulda Bites



For the Super Bowl this year, I made some Gouda Bites. I haven't had them in years and came across the recipe recently. They are just SO easy, and are such a fun appetizer to make. I love the melted Gouda with just a hint of garlic..... and the crusty crescents of course!


This is a recipe originally from Taste of Home, back when the magazines were worth hanging on to and reading over and over. I used to get ALL of them, loved the glossy pages and awesome recipes. Now the magazines are smaller, and the pages are made from a cheaper material. I still find some great recipes, but I do find I'm online reading recipes more and more. Still....there's nothing like getting some happy mail....and paging through a colorful magazine!

Here's the simple recipe:


Gouda Bites
(T of H)

1  8 oz. tube Pillsbury Crescents
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
5 oz. Gouda, cut in 24 pieces

Spread the crescents into a long rectangle, pinching the seams shut. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Cut into 24 pieces and lightly press into ungreased mini muffin tins. Bake at 375 for about 3 to 4 minutes. Place a slice of Gouda in each and return to oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes longer, until golden brown, and the cheese is melted. Serve warm.




1 comment:

Pam said...

Sounds great and I'll remember it for game days!