Monday's with Mom...Fruit Cocktail Cake



I haven't posted a Monday's with Mom for a long time!

Today I'm sharing a cake mom made often for clubs and organizations that she belonged too. In those days, they ALWAYS served a dessert at every meeting. 


She always kept boxed cake mixes, cans of pie filling, and cans of fruit on hand for quick and easy recipes like this one.

One of her favorite pastimes was to sit at the kitchen table and read the paper or magazines....clipping out interesting recipes to try. Now I find myself doing the same thing, and have passed that tradition on to my daughter. My mom would get such a kick out of knowing her granddaughter does the same thing she loved to do too!

I remember eating this cake many times. It's SO moist and scrumptious...a perfect quick dessert for coffee or actually any occasion.

The brown sugar topping is delish!


Fruit Cocktail Cake

3/4 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
14 oz. can fruit cocktail with juice
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix well and pour into a greased 8"pan.

Mix and top with:

1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4. tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. chopped walnuts

Bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes.


1 comment:

Pam said...

I remember how good this is! Thanks for the memories. Yours looks delicious!