Flashback Thursday Chocolate Revel Bars






FLASHBACK THURSDAY

Here's a great bar recipe EVERYONE will love!

Enjoy!



September 18, 2011

This recipe has been around a long time. I first got the recipe years ago from Brent's grandma who made these quite often. They are an old favorite of so many people. It's easy to see why...they are quick to stir together....make a BIG pan...travel well...and most importantly....are delicious!

When I need to bring bars to a gathering, I usually grab this recipe. I can't resist that thick chocolate fudge layer...and always sneak a bar before I wrap them up!



Chocolate Revel Bars

1 c. butter, softened
 2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
3 c. quick oats
2 tsp. vanilla

Filling:
12 oz. chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp. butter
 2 tsp. vanilla



Cream the brown sugar and butter. Add the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients. Spread 2/3 of the dough in  a greased jelly roll pan.

Melt the chocolate chips, milk, butter and stir in the vanilla. Spread on top of the dough. Dot with remaining dough and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until done.

2 comments:

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

These are making my mouth drool; I have to try them. Thanks for sharing all your sweet recipes for those of us with a sweet tooth.

Pam said...

Never made these, but they sound great! Yum! Thanks!