Lace Cookies



Today I'm sharing a cookie recipe my daughter made at Christmas that we couldn't leave alone! so crispy, buttery and delicious!

 I haven't had lace cookies since I was a kid, so I was excited to see these on the goodie tray. Just thinking about them makes me want to whip up a batch!




Lace Cookies

1 stick butter, softened
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. quick cook oatmeal (not instant)

Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, or use non stick mats. On low speed, cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well. Stir in the flour, salt and oatmeal, mixing well with a spoon. Drop by teaspoonfuls two inches apart on parchment lined sheets. Bake 5 minutes, rotate pan and bake 3 minutes more until lightly browned. Let cool completely , and peel from the lining. (make very small...yield 5 dozen)


No comments: