Green Chili Chicken Casserole

I found this recipe in a Cooking Light magazine a while ago and have been making it ever since. It's awesome! It's just SO creamy.... and I love the taste of corn tortillas.


Black Beans are a favorite side dish I often serve with many Mexican dishes. I like the recipe because it's speedy and so flavorful.



Green Chili Chicken Casserole
{Cooking Light magazine}


1 1/3 c. low sodium fat free chicken broth

2 cans chopped green chili's

1 c. chopped onion { I omitted}

1 c. fat free sour cream {I used light}

3/4 tsp. salt {I omitted}

1/2 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. cumin {I used 1 tsp}

2 cans fat free cream of chicken soup

1 garlic clove, minced

24 corn tortillas {6 in.}

4 c. shredded chicken

8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese


Combine the broth, chili's, onion, sour cream, salt, pepper, cumin, soup, and garlic in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil.


Spread 1 c. on the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Place 6 tortillas on top, 1 cup chicken, and 1/2 c. cheese. Repeat layers. Bake at 35o for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let set 5 minutes before serving.



Black Beans


2 cans black beans, rinsed

1 1/3 c. tomato juice

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 T. olive oil

1 tsp. cumin


Saute garlic in olive oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.



1 comment:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I used to get Cooking Light magazine a while back too. And I still make some of the recipes from it again and again. I think I may have even made this one. Sounds familiar but I haven't had it in a while. I may have to give it another go. I have a half package of corn tortillas sitting in the freezer.