Paula's Loaded Deviled Eggs



Need an appetizer? How about some of Paula's Loaded Deviled Eggs?

I always enjoy all of her recipes. In fact I can't remember any that I don't like. This one was another winner. It's just my opinion but I don't think you can ever go wrong adding bacon, cheese, and onion to almost anything. It's awesome on eggs!

I saw this recipe in her magazine. I keep every one, and have sticky notes all over them of all the things I want to try. Needless to say, I'm a Paula fan. I have all her cookbooks,too. In fact one of my highlights on a trip to Savannah was eating at the Lady and Sons. While I didn't get to see Paula, I did get to meet her son, Jamie. I loved his southern accent and manners.  I actually had a lot of time to talk to him, thanks to my hubby. Brent was trying to take our picture and was having trouble with our camera..... so we had to pose for a long time.{Thanks Brent!} I can't remember what I said but I think I asked him how his mama was!


Here we are getting our reservations for Lady and Sons. We had the buffet..and of course.... and it was GOOD!!!


Here's me with Jamie!

It was so much fun...we really need to plan another trip to Savannah. 

I need more Pralines. And hoecakes. And sweet tea. And biscuits. And fried green tomatoes. Honestly, my list would fill pages!

So back to the recipe. Since I'm trying to watch my weight I did modify the recipe some, using lower fat ingredients. {sorry Paula..I know she just wouldn't approve}

Loaded Deviled Eggs
{adapted from Cooking with Paula Deen}

12 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
1/4 c. mayo {I used light}
1/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
3 T. sour cream {I used light}
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 c. sliced green onions

Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and mash with a fork. Add mayo, cheese, sour cream,salt and pepper. Stir until smooth. Spoon into egg whites. Top with bacon and green onions.




No comments: