Sponge cupcakes


My grandma used to make sponge cake and I haven't had some in so long I decided to try this smaller recipe for cupcakes. I planned to top them with whipped cream and berries, but ended up spreading some lemon frosting on them instead. They were delicious!

I have so admit my grandma's sponge cake was much better...but it also had a ton of eggs in it! This recipe only called for 2. They were quick to whip together and I will definitely make some more...after all I need to try them with berries this time!


Sponge cupcakes

2 eggs, well beaten
1 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk, scalded
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix and pour into lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cool.

Lemon Frosting

1/2 c. butter
1 c. powdered sugar
dash of salt
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Mix and spread on cooled cupcakes.

1 comment:

Michele said...

They look really yummy. Sponge cake is something I have not tried to make. Hmmm. A future endeavor. :)