No Knead Rolls



I finally tried this recipe from my hometown church cookbook that I have been meaning to for years. It attracted me as it seemed so easy, and you all know I like EASY recipes!

I did find the recipe quite easy, and the buns baked beautifully. They tasted great, too!

 The only change in the recipe was I had to add more flour than called for, as the dough was too sticky. I love baking bread and I have a ton more recipes I want to try....now there's one less anyway!


No Kneading Rolls

 1 package dry yeast
1/4 c. warm water
1/4 c. shortening
1 tsp. salt
2 T. sugar
1 c. boiling water
1 egg
3 1/2 c. flour

Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Place shortening, salt,and sugar in a separate bowl and add boiling water. Stir until shortening is dissolved. Cool to lukewarm. Add yeast, egg, and flour. Cover and let rise until double in size. Make into rolls and place on a greased pan. When double in size, bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much flour?

laurie said...

oops..I fixed the flour...3 1/2 c.

AudreyO said...

I tend to make quick breads. I don't seem to do well with the yeast, flour and rising. I love these rolls though :)

Anita Rowe Stafford said...

These rolls look beautiful and light! I love bread recipes too!

Amanda said...

Hello! Greeting from London! I'm an american expat here in the UK and was looking for the perfect roll recipe to share with my fellow Brits for our thanksgiving. These were just the ticket! Thanks!

Amanda
http://darlingbelleevents.com

Mandi Mendoza said...

Dumb questions but... what is shortening?

Would it be crisco, or butter, or something totally different

laurie said...

Shortening is like Crisco, butter, margarine....any will work!

fricsmom said...

I have made these ( and double the recipe) about once a week for the last month. Hubby likes Brown bread so I use half whole wheat flour and add 1more tablespoon of sugar. Thanks for the great recipe.