Chicken Salad Pita






I'm kinda tired of sandwiches for lunch so I put this chicken salad into a pita pocket instead.

I must have a ton of different ways to make chicken salad, but this one is extra special. I like the addition of the cream cheese and peppers.

 Except this time I didn't have any red peppers, which adds some nice color and crunch. I guess I'll have to make it again when I get some!




Chicken Salad Pita Pockets

4oz. cream cheese, softened ( I used fat free}
1 1/2 Tbsp. milk
1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 c. shredded cooked chicken
1/4 c. green pepper, chopped
1/4 c. red pepper ( I didn't have any}
diced red onion to taste
1/2 tsp. mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
dash pepper
1/8 c. chopped walnuts
2 pita pocket halves
lettuce

Mix the cream cheese, milk, and lemon juice. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Refrigerate. Before serving, add the walnuts and spoon into pockets. Makes two halves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a perfect summertime lunch!

Amy said...

What a great idea to put your chicken in the pita pocket. I think it's a lot more fun to eat than a regular sandwich too. :)