Macaroon cookies...12 Weeks of Christmas



I decided I was hungry for some macaroons. I also thought it would be a good cookie to share for the blog hop,too. So I looked up a few recipes as I have never made them before.

I found this one in a magazine that I had torn out at some point. I liked the idea of almond flavoring and of course the chocolate drizzled on top. So I gave it a try.

They were moist ,chewy and delicious!

Almond Macaroons
1pkg. (14oz.) flaked coconut
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 c. sliced almonds,finely chopped
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. almond extract
1 c. milk chocolate chips

Mix the first5 ingredients and drop by tsp. onto parchment lined pans. Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely. Melt chocolate in microwave and drizzle over cookies.




Thanks to Meal Planning Magic for hosting this blog hop.

7 comments:

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen said...

They look moist and delicious! I like coconut together with chocolate a lot, great idea to drizzle them!

Cranberry Morning said...

Those cookies look rich and delicious!

Dawn said...

I love gooey cookies like this! I am definitely making these soon! Thanks for sharing!

Feast Your Eyes! Inc. Catering and Event Design said...

That looks so delicious! I wanted to make some for when I have guests over. I will certainly try this one out. Thanks!

Annamaria @ Bakewell Junction said...

Your macaroons look wonderful. Nicely decorated.

Nanna said...

those look delisious!

Helen

Unknown said...

These macaroons look incredible! I have an obsession with these tasty treats. I am definitely going to steal this recipe.