Saturday, January 12, 2013

Ruebens on Ciabatta

One of my fave sandwiches are Reuben's. I'm not that fond of rye bread though, so I make them on Walmart's mini ciabattas. The dressing is pretty simple to mix together, and all of the ingredients are always in my frig. (I make just half a recipe of the dressing.) A quick stop at the deli and bakery and I'm set!

Reuben's on ciabatta

4 ciabatta rolls
 4 slices Swiss cheese
 4 oz. thin sliced deli corned beef
1 c. sauerkraut

  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons onion, grated
  • 1 tablespoon horse radish
  • 1/2 lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • salt and pepper 

Mix the dressing. . Spread on the inside of the rolls. Top with corned beef, cheese, and sauerkraut. Butter tops and bottoms and grill  until cheese is melted.

Print Friendly and PDF


Amy said...

Yum...I love Rueben's too. What a great idea to substitute the rye bread with ciabattas. :) I'll give this a try next time.

Feast Your Eyes! said...

Beautiful! Quick and easy is the best kind of food for me.