Lemon Chocolate Chip Muffins


I think I may have blogged before about a coworker I used to work with that loved to bake muffins. She made muffins every Wednesday for the teachers lounge coffee time....she did it for years! They were always fresh and warm. My very favorite, and believe me they were all good, was Lemon Chocolate Chip.

It's a great combo. I adore lemon, and well, I am addicted to chocolate, so I guess it's no surprise these were my favorites. It absolutely made my day when I walked in the lounge and saw these.

The best part is the topping! You dip them into fresh lemon juice and then sugar while they are still slightly warm. I needed to bring something to church coffee, so I made these. This time I made them into mini muffins, they were so cute!



Lemon Chocolate Chip Muffins

1/2 c.butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 c. buttermilk
1 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 c. flour
3/4 c. mini chocolate chips

Cream the butter and sugar.Add the eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, add butter milk. Stir in the dry ingredients until just mixed. Spoon into muffin pans with liners. Bake at 375 for 18 minutes until done. (Makes 12 regular or 24 mini muffins)


links:

Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh yes! Lemon is my very favorite, especially this time of year! What is there about spring that makes me long for lemon everything??

BTW, my spring sale on homemade, vegan natural soaps ends tomorrow night. Hope you'll stop in.

Anonymous said...

These look amazing!

Chaya said...

I have not thought of lemon with chocolate. Sounds intriguing.

Sarah Goodwin said...

These look great - going to try them!!