Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins


I thought I'd try to do some baking with whole wheat flour.  I bought myself a bag of King Arthur, as I always have such good results with their white flour.

 I found this recipe for blueberry muffins on their website. It had a lot of 5 star reviews, so I made a batch. We enjoyed them....they were very moist, slightly sweet and tasty!



 100% Whole Wheat Blueberry muffins

2 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. brown sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp.baking soda 
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. blueberries
1/3 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. buttermilk

Mix the dry ingredients along with the blueberries. Set aside. Mix the wet ingredients and then add to the dry, stirring just until combined. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar if desired. Bake in greased muffin tins at 400 for 18-20 minutes.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: