Homemade Hershey Syrup


Did your mom ever make chocolate syrup? My mom did. She often made her own pancake syrup and salad dressings,too.

I was on face book and saw this copycat recipe, and it reminded me of my mom's. I'm not sure which recipe she used, but I tried this and it tastes alot like hers.

The recipe is simple, and tastes amazingly like the canned version. I think I'll try it in one of my  brownie recipes and see how it goes!


Copycat Hershey Syrup

1/2 c. Hershey's cocoa
1 c. water
1  c. sugar
dash of salt
1  tsp. vanilla

Bring the cocoa,water,sugar,and salt to a boil and boil about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Let cool. As it cools it will thicken a bit to the consistency of Hershey syrup.



Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Got up this morning...checked out the blogs I follow...saw this recipe and knew I had to try it. Just finished cooking, now waiting for it to cool. Thanks for the recipe.