Crock pot oatmeal...pinned it and tried it



This was a nice thing to wake up too..the scent of cinnamon and apples!

Pinned it, tried it, and... LOVED this, but then again, I LOVE oatmeal. This was great reheated the next morning,too. The only thing I would change is to add a bit more water. I did use steel cut oats, so I don't know if that made a difference,but I would like it a bit creamier. I topped mine with walnuts and more brown sugar.

 I definitely will make this again!



Crock Pot Oatmeal 

2 sliced apples
1 tsp. cinnamon ( I used more)
1/3 c. brown sugar
2 c. oatmeal
4 c. water
Cook on low 8 hours.

Place the apples in the crock pot. Sprinkle with cinnamon, then sugar,then oatmeal. Pour water over all. Do not stir. Cook on low 8 hours.

2 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

I meant to go into your "stamping" site and came to this one instead...but WOW...look at these great recipes...Of course, Now I have to go make myself something to eat...smile...

Alexa said...

I made this recipe for the first time a few weeks ago, and since then it has become one of my weekly staples! It is so easy & delicious, and I love that it makes enough for me to bring breakfast to work everyday. The only change I made was to use 1 cup of rolled oats and 1 cup of steel-cut oats, with 5 cups of water. Thank you for sharing! :)