Gluten Free Snickerdoodles


As I have said before, I am trying to eat less gluten, so I've been experimenting with different GF recipes. I found this on the King Arthur site, and gave it a try.

They taste VERY similar to the regular snickerdoodles, and I love the cinnamon and sugar topping! I was surprised at how soft they were, and that the texture was not as gritty as so many GF baked goods.

This recipe is definitely worth making again, they taste awesome with a glass of iced tea!



Gluten Free Snicker doodles
         King Arthur

1 1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups King Arthur BAKING MIX..not flour

Topping
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. sugar

Cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in the baking mix. Refrigerate 1 hour. Roll into balls and roll in topping mixture. Place on parchment lined baking sheets and bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes, until just slightly brown on the bottom.

No comments: