Kentucky Derby Pie






LOVE, LOVE, LOVE pecan pie!

My mom never made it growing up at home, and it was much later in life that I even tried a piece. But once I did, I started making it for myself. Brent loves it,too, but I can't make it very often. We can eat the whole pie in a day...not kidding.

Then one day I stumbled upon a recipe adding chocolate chips, and life got even better! This is the recipe I usually make.



But then I decided to try the recipe for Kentucky Derby Pie. It has even more chocolate chips! It was a rich, dense, chocolaty dessert...just delicious!



Kentucky Derby Pie

3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. light corn syrup
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. pecans
1 c. chocolate chips
 1 unbaked 9" pie shell

In a small bowl, combine the eggs,corn syrup,brown sugar,vanilla, and salt. Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips. Pour into pie shell and cover edges with foil. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes OR until a knife comes out clean.


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: